Survey concerning flood risks
This is an opportunity for you to express yourself and give your opinion on the risks of flooding in the city of New Richmond as part of the mapping project of flood-prone areas and the risks associated with flooding initiated by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MAMH). This project is being carried out by the University of Québec at Rimouski (UQAR) for the MRC of Bonaventure.
Your feedback will support the flood vulnerability analysis, analysis of the causes of flooding, the experiences of those flooded, the management measures applied and the changing perception of flood risk in the City of New Richmond.
Your opinion matters!
To complete this survey, you can select one of the three methods that best suits your situation:
- If you have access to a stable connection, please click on this link: https://sondage.uqar.ca/index.php/323468?lang=en to complete the online form.
- If you do not have access to a stable internet connection, please download the questionnaire from the link that suits your situation:
– For residents affected at least once by a flood (Q1 questionnaire);
– For residents not affected by the floods (Q2 questionnaire);
– For managers of municipalities (Q3 questionnaire); https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QvJBEAsVQZ3WyjMaXh-MlXG7Br5hyj3F/view?usp=sharing
fill it in then return it.
2a. by mail to the address: Yaovi Djivénou Tomety, 319 Allée des Ursulines, G5L 8X3, RimousKi – Québec
2b. by email to the address: DjivenouYaovi.Tomety@uqar.ca
2c. in a closed envelope marked “Investigation into the floods in the city of New Richmond” to be sent to the Laboratory of Geomorphology and Fluvial Dynamics of UQAR “and to drop off at New Richmond Town Hall. The closed cover will then be sent to the researcher by the city of New Richmond by post at the following address: Yaovi Djivénou Tomety, 319 Allée des Ursulines, G5L 8X3, RimousKi – Québec.
- If you prefer an interaction with the researcher from the Laboratory of Geomorphology and Fluvial Dynamics at UQAR, You can call the telephone number 581-805-4292 to make an appointment to complete the form.
Your participation remains voluntary and confidential. The questionnaire will be accessible from February 22 to March 20, 2021 and will take between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes to complete.
For more information or to share historical photos on the floods experienced, please contact the team of the UQAR geomorphology and river dynamics laboratory at the following email addresses: DjivenouYaovi.Tomety@uqar.ca or Thomas_Buffin-Belanger@uqar.ca or call 581-805-4292.
Photo credit : Allen Doug Shaw